Smartphones get shattered, tabs are stolen, viruses often strike computers. Despite the fancy and the pricey equipment, some elements are made to overpower it. It is crucial to make a back up for many inevitable reasons such as:
- Failure of hard drives
- Viruses attacks data
- Attacks made by Ransomware
- Accidental formatting of device
- Physical damage to the equipment
Which kind of data should you back up?
It is crucial to identify which information to back up and which to delete. The list can vary according to your will. It is essential to back up those files that see traffic such as:
Don’t forget to ask yourself what would happen if this data is lost or stolen.
What are the options for backup?
Different kinds of devices and backup services are available depending on the type of information being stored.
- External hard drives
These drives are the physical equipment that stores all the information. The recent models of the external hard drives have exceptional features like high-speed access to files and variable storage. Some of these hard drives designed expertly.
At what time should you back up?
The best time to back up is “Right Now.” The danger of losing file can come up anytime. It is better to back up the data on a daily basis. One of the advantages of online backup solutions is that they are configured to sync files as soon as they are saved recently. Don’t forget to follow safe digital practices like updating the operating system and the use of strong passwords. Cybersafety starts with you. Control your digital life and keep learning about staying safe online.
How to back up the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad?
You will have a copy of your information to use If your device ever got lost, damaged or replaced.
Choose a method of backing up
It is beneficial to learn about the difference between iTunes and iCloud backups, choose the way that is best.
How can we back up with iCloud
- Make sure that the iPhone and iPad are connected to a WiFi network.
- Move to the Settings> Type in your name and click on iCloud.
- Tap on the iCloud Backup.
- Tap on the Back Up now and Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process is over. You can check progress and confirm backup completed. Just Go to Settings>your name>iCloud>iCloud backup.
Backing up with the iTunes
- Update to latest version of iTunes
- Open the iTunes and connect your device to the computer.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, iPod when it appears in iTunes.
If you want to save the Health and Activity data from the iOS device, you should “Encrypt your backup.” Choose the box called Encrypt backup and create a rememberable password. If you don’t want to save your Health and Activity data, you also can make a backup that is not encrypted. Click back up Now.
When the process comes to an end, you will see if backups finished adequately on summary screen in the iTunes. Look under the latest backup to know about the time and date.