No need to worry, if you are not able to block any type of software from accessing your Windows network. Now you can do it easily by preventing it in Firewall. In this post, we are providing a simple way to complete this task efficiently. To do this, you must have administrator privileges to access Firewall and block programs in it.
However, it is not such a tough task, but you need to follow each of the below-given steps.
The given process is easy to follow so you can apply it without any technical knowledge.
Steps to block a program with Windows Firewall
Below, we are providing a simple way to prevent a program in the Windows firewall. Please follow the each given step to avoid unwanted issues.
- To start this process, click on the Windows logo button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- To Windows 8, you need to hover the mouse cursor in the upper-right corner of the screen and then click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Then type the firewall in the the start.
- A List will open with matching programs, one of that is the firewall itself.
- Click on the ‘Windows Firewall” to see the excellent response.
- Press on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” option at the top-left side of the Firewall window.
- Click on the Change settings option at the upper-right side of the Window, just above the list of programs on your computer.
- Click on Yes on a pop-up Window and then click on Continue.
- If you don’t have administrator privileges on your computer then, unfortunately, you will be not able to do this.
- Select a program that you want to block
- In the list of applications in the middle of the page will show you all of the programs to the Windows Firewall block or allow.
- You can scroll down it to get your specific program.
- If you are not able to find the program that you want to block, click on the Add another program.
- Then select the program from the resulting pop-up Window.
- Now click on the checkmark to the left of the program to remove the checkmark, thereby blocking the program from Windows Firewall.
- If you do not find the checkmark to the left of the program, then no need to worry the Windows Firewall will already be blocking the application.
- Please leave the two checkboxes to the right of the program- Home/Work (Private and Public
- At last, click on the OK button at the bottom of the Window.
- It will save your changes and block the program from running on your computer system.