Everybody receives 120 days of free Apple Music. When the trial period is over, they need to pay for the subscription. If you do not want to pay for the Apple Music subscription, for any reason whatsoever, then you can easily cancel the existing subscription from multiple devices.
There are different Apple Music Subscription plans at different pricing. There is an individual subscription apart from a family subscription that can be shared with a maximum of six accounts in a family.
If you wish to switch to a different plan but cannot wait for the existing subscription to get over, then you can do so very easily. In this article, we will discuss the steps for canceling and changing Apple Music subscription on iOS, Mac, Windows Pc, Android, and Apple TV.
On iOS Devices
If you have an Apple device running iOS, then you need to follow the instructions given below to cancel or change your Apple Music subscription.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on your name.
- Select iTunes and App Store.
- Press the Apple ID located at the upper side.
- Now, select View Apple ID.
- Log in if needed.
- Select the Apple Music subscription.
- Choose whether you can to change or cancel.
- When you tap on Change, you can change the billing duration, switch to Family or Student subscriptions.
- Select Cancel Subscription.
- Touch the Confirm option.
If you have an Android phone or tablet, then you can manage your Apple Music subscription using the device as well. Here’s how:
- Open the Apple Music application on your phone or tab.
- Hit the menu or hamburger icon located at the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Now, select Settings.
- Log in using the Apple ID, if necessary.
- Select Account Settings.
- Tap on Manage Membership.
- Determine whether you want to cancel or change the subscription.
- Choose either of the options.
- Confirm the action.
On Mac and Windows
- Launch iTunes.
- Navigate to the menu bar at the upper side.
- Now, select Account and click on View My Account.
- Log into your Apple ID, if needed.
- Now, move down to the Settings segment.
- Next to the Subscriptions option, locate Manage and click on it.
- Now, select whether you wish to change or cancel your subscription.
- Confirm the action when prompted.
On Apple TV
- Launch the Settings app.
- Select Accounts.
- Go to Subscriptions.
- Now, select Manage Subscriptions.
- Select the Apple Music Subscription.
- Determine whether you wish to change or cancel the subscription.
How to become a member of an existing Family Sharing group?
If you are an individual subscriber of Apple Music and wish to become a member of a Family, then here is what you need to do:
- Request the Family organizer to send you an invitation for joining the Family Sharing group.
- Approve the invite for joining the family sharing group.
- After accepting the invite, launch the Apple Music application.
- Verify whether you are a member of the Family.
- Now, go to your subscription and ascertain whether you own a Family subscription.