Now, the Microsoft has been focusing on delivering its services to the non-Microsoft platforms. Sometimes, it appears to be Microsoft’s new and latest strategy after killing their Windows Mobile platform. And as doing so, the Microsoft is getting success in a good amount of the user base for its cross-platform services and applications. It includes some applications like Office Apps, Microsoft Teams, Skype, and many more. And it is clearly being seen that these applications always work great and are also feature rich and sometimes get some more feature before the Windows 10 counterparts and that is the biggest reason users love them.
Recently, Microsoft started revolving out the newer Skype experience for its customers by using the Android and iOS devices. And these update was one of those updates which were easily delivered to the Windows 10. But still, these new update is not launched to the public yet. Microsoft has just launched this newly renovated Skype experience to the Windows Insiders in the very fast ring. But these update is proving very good that some people might get excited to get it, and they also enroll to the Windows Insiders program on a machine which is not recommended for the users because it creates problems add to the overall experience of the user. But the users already covered in it. It is the only way by which they can easily run this new Skype experience on the Windows 10 1803.
Steps to get a new Skype app without joining the Windows Insider Program
First, you need to confirm that you are running the latest version of Skype UWP application. And for that you need to follow the following steps:-
- Click to open the Microsoft Store application
- Now, click to go to the Downloads and Updates section.
- Click on the Get Updates button appears on the top right corner of the screen.
- If an update is pending for your Skype UWP application, then it will be installed.
- After the process is done, then open Skype UWP Application.
- Now, click on the 3-dot menu button which is labeled as E in the screen snippet below.
- Now, options boxes will pop-ups on your screen, where you should scroll down to the Skype App Preview section.
- Finally, click on the Join Preview button.
- Now, you will get confirmation that you joined the Skype Preview program successfully.
- Now, you need to check for updates in the Microsoft Store. If you don’t get any update, give sometime before you click on the try again option.
It will help you in getting the pre-release updates for the Skype UWP Application for Windows 10 only when you stay in the program.
After updates are installed, then you will get newly overhauled Skype UWP App which looks like the mockup.
New Updates of Skype UWP Application
According to the changelog posted by the official support page for the Skype UWP, here we provide the latest changelog for new Skype UWP Application.
- Best in the class calling experience
- Flexible group call canvas
- Take snapshots
- Easily start screen sharing
- New layout
- Customizable themes
- And much more