iOS has included an animated emoji feature known as Animoji. This feature acts in response to facial expressions via the iPhone X series camera, for animating various 3D animated emojis that users can send with sound as a video file.
Recording an Animoji on iPhone
If you want to record an Animoji on iPhone X, XR, XS or XS Max, you need to follow these steps:
- Open Messages.
- Enter the recipient details where required.
- Click the icon for Apps.
- Choose one icon (such as monkey, cat, dog, etc.) from the list of icons at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you need to scroll through the Animoji options on the left until you get one you like. Also, you can select New Memoji on the left for creating your own custom Animoji.
Note: For being able to see the Animoji slightly larger, you can click on the up arrow just below the iMessage field.
- Hold up your iPhone and look straight at it. Make sure that you situate your phone well. See how the character mirrors the movement of your head, face, and mouth.
- Now, to record your message (with audio), you need to hit the red button. And then, you’ll be able to record for up to 30 seconds.
Note: If you are willing to record a longer message, you just need to stitch some clips together in an app.
- If you want to listen to the recording again, click Replay.
- Also, if you want to check how your recording looks with another Animoji, just select one of any and the recording will replay with that Animoji.
- Switching to a different Animoji character is also possible. You can do it by swiping sideways on the recording.
- When you’re ready to send your Animoji, tap on the up arrow. Or else, you can do it by simply tapping on the Animoji.
That’s all! Thanks for reading this article; let us know in the comment box if this post helped you.
John Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.