If you want to share files between Macs and iOS devices instantly, then AirDrop is the perfect option. It allows you to quickly and easily share files across Apple devices. All you need is an iPhone or iPad with iOS 7 or later, and you can share all that is stored in your phone without any hassle. Let’s check out the process for instantly sharing files between iOS devices.
Steps to enable or disable AirDrop on iPhone or iPad
You can decide whether you want to enable AirDrop for only the contacts or for everybody.
- You have to bring up the Control Center.
- Note: If you have an iPhone 8 or older models, then swipe upwards from the bottom. iPhone X users need to swipe downwards from the upper right-hand edge.
- Hold down the wireless control box located at the top left-hand corner of the Control Center.
- After swiping upwards, hard tap.
- Now, select AirDrop.
- Select the people that can send you stuff via AirDrop. The options are Receiving Off, Contacts Only, and Everyone.
- If you have selected Contacts Only, then need to be signed in to your iCloud account.
Steps to instantly share files between iPhones and iPads with AirDrop
- Launch the application that you wish to share stuff from.
- Choose what you wish to share.
- Hit the Share icon.
- Select the individual you want to share the file with.
Steps to troubleshoot AirDrop on iOS devices
If you cannot see your contacts in the AirDrop interface, then you should follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and then enable them back again.
- Set the device to Airplane Mode and then turn the mode off for resetting the connections.
- Disable instant hotspot so that the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections remain free.
- Select “Everyone” from the Airdrop sharing options.