Microsoft Outlook is not only offering email service, but it is also providing some other multi-tasking applications such as- Calendar, Contact Manager, Tasks manager, Journal, Note-taking tools, and other amazing tools. You can get the productivity of this application by installing some of the add-ins. Add-ins will help you to add functionality that Outlook is not able to offer by default. At present, RansomSaver is one of the best feature of Outlook. It is an add-on application of Outlook which protects you from emails that carry Ransomware attachments.
Importance of RansomSaver feature for Microsoft Outlook:-
There is no doubt that Electronic mail has become a safe reproduction way for ransomware assaults. In the other technique of distribution employed has cleared that it is an adequate substitute for propagating attacks in a short time. In the same way, it is always a fundamental need for users to ensure their email safety.
However, various security software is protecting malicious email attachments for the users, but RansomSaver makes sure that every email which you have opened does not contain any potential threat of ransomware infection.
If you are a Microsoft Outlook user and you are using it as your primary email service and if you are not sure about an email, i.e., if it is a legit message or mail which you have to get from colleagues/clients. At this moment, RansomSaver feature will help you to determine its authenticity.
When you have installed Outlook as an add-in, then RansomSaver will scan and search virus or dangers files on your mail without opening them.
If it gets anything suspicious in the file attachments, this tool will transfer all the files to the ‘RansomSaver’ folder under ‘Deleted Items’ immediately. In case, is it has moved any correct file then it will automatically allow you to move the email back to your inbox.
- To check RansomSaver feature, go to your Outlook and open it.
- Then click on the RansomSaver Tab and then click Options.
- Click on the “Click to test RansomSaver” button and follow the on-screen displayed instructions.
- After clicking on the email which you have created in your default ‘Drafts’ folder.
- After that, a pop-up window will open on your computer screen to inform you that selected email has any ransomware malware.
- To get the emails that are moved by RansomSaver go to the ‘RansomSaver’ folder and check it under your ‘Deleted Items.’
- Here you will get suspicious emails which are sent to your inbox.
- If you want to get log files stored, then please go to in the following location:
C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Synergy USA llc\RansomSaver4\Logs
Microsoft Outlook add-on feature RansomSaver can work with all 32-bit and 64-bit variations of Microsoft Outlook beginning with Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2016 as well as Outlook for Workplace 365. You can download it from its homepage. It is a free application for everyone. Outlook comes as a part of Office 365, for more details visit Office.com/setup.