Microsoft Word is an extensively used viable word processor which is designed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a constituent of the Microsoft Office collection of productivity software; the user can also purchase it as a stand-alone product. The Microsoft Word was initially launched in 1983 and has been revised several times. It is compatible with both the operating system such as Windows and Macintosh. The Microsoft Word is also known by the name Word or MS Word.
Microsoft Word is very helpful software when comes to writing the long paragraphs with styling. Almost every writer needs to write content and prefers to use the Word on their system. Some of the people use Microsoft Word over Notepad because of the formatting options, and it can also help in detecting spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and sentence formations. However, if your Grammar and Spell Checking is not properly working in Microsoft Word, then we will provide you complete step to fix this issue. The steps are very easy and simple while following the process if you are facing any trouble then you can also connect with the experts of Microsoft. To get any technical help, dial the toll-free number of Microsoft customer support, or for information about Microsoft products visit MS Office website.
Steps to Fix Spell Check and Grammar not Working Properly in Microsoft Word
There are many reasons for this problem, For instance, if you added more than one language in the system, then the error occurred. Sometimes, on Windows 10, if you changed the language for using Cortana, then also the error might occur with the Microsoft Word. The feature can be automatically disabled. We provide you few steps by which you can easily fix the error. But to avoid trouble follow these steps in the ascending order. The steps are mentioning below-
- Click to open the Microsoft Word program
- Language option will appear at the bottom of the screen such as English (India), English (US), etc.
- Then, Click on that language button.
- Confirm that added two languages,
- Now, select a language option that you want to write in and be sure that the following options are unchecked:
- Detect language automatically
- Do not check spelling or grammar
Carefully remove the tick mark from both of the boxes. If you do not remove the tick from “Detect language automatically,” the error will appear again when you open the Word. Now, click on the Set as Default button and then, click on the affirmative option.
If you still troubling with the same problem then follow the given steps:-
- Click to open the Microsoft Word
- Now, click on the File.
- Then, click to open the Options
- Click on the Proofing option.
- In correcting spelling and grammar in Microsoft Word, you can find few options like “Check to spell as you type,” “Check grammar with spelling” and more others. Confirm that all of these are checked.
- It might happen if the Proofing Tools are not properly installed for default language. Then first you need to install them properly. For installing follow the below-given process:
- Click on the Control Panel icon.
- Then, click to uninstall a Program applet.
- Select the Microsoft Office option.
- Now, click on the Change button.
- Then, click on the Add or Remove option
- Now, click on the Expand Office Shared Features option
- Finally, click on the Proofing Tools.
- Now, make sure that the Speller add-in is completely disabled from the system. If you want to use English (US), then, the add-in would be Speller EN-US.
- Finally, restart your computer.
After restarting the system, the Microsoft Word software should be now capable of detecting spelling and grammar mistakes. But still, if you are in any trouble while completing the process then, you can also contact the experts of Microsoft, available 24*7 to assist you. For quick support, dial the toll-free number of Microsoft customer support, or for more info, visit office.com/setup.